Welcome! The new school year is right around the corner, and we are excited to share with you our first ever entirely paperless ECS 2017-2018 Back To School E-Packet.
Please log in to your Schoolmint account to complete the Back to School E-Packet. The ECS 2017-2018 Family Handbook is completely updated, with several new and important procedures to review (check out the updated attendance section, required vaccinations, and new e-payment procedures, as well as a snapshot calendar for the year). In order for our school year to begin smoothly, we ask that you please review and submit the following forms by August 5th. Here’s a helpful checklist to keep you on track:
- Review the UPDATED ECS Family Handbook and complete the Family Handbook and Technology Agreement E-Form (in Schoolmint)
- Complete the Student Emergency Care and Contact E-Form (in Schoolmint)
- Complete the Residency Information E-Form (in Schoolmint)
- Complete the Transportation Plan E-Form (google form)
- Sign up for the Monday Blast!, if you haven’t already (e-form)
Additionally, mark your calendar for important dates coming up. We look forward to seeing all families at our Meet & Greet on August 15th, from 5:30-7:30 PM at both our Upper and Lower Schools. You will have a chance to talk to teachers and administrators, meet new and returning families, and catch up on summer adventures.
We have several other events for students and families to connect with teachers and faculty before the start of school:
- August 1, 9-11:30: Upper School New Student Orientation (for newly enrolled students in grades 4-8) RSVP here (student event)
- August 7, 6-7:30: Growing into 6th Grade: A Move Up Night for Rising 6th Grade Families (for new and returning students in 6th grade) RSVP here (parent/guardian event)
- August 7, 1-2:30: Lower School New Student Orientation (for newly enrolled students in grades 1-3) RSVP here (parent/guardian and student event)
The first day of school is August 17, 2017. The Lower School day starts at 8:45; drop off begins at 8:15. The Upper School day starts at 8:30; drop off begins at 8:00. If you are planning to personally drop off your children on the first day, please consider joining new and returning ECS families for an informal gathering at both schools immediately after saying your well-wishes for the day (see the ECS PCO website for more information).
Look for an additional communication from us in the coming weeks with information about upcoming PCO events, the t-shirt and sweatshirt sale, and signing up for school lunch program. In the meantime, check out the PCO website for the following updates:
- Summer Playground Meet Up – August 13
- NEW Logo ECS T-Shirts and Sweatshirts for Sale
- School Directory Sign Up
- Volunteer Opportunities – Summer and Fall
- Uniform Sale at August Meet & Greet