August Information Packet
A special welcome to all of our new and returning families who will be joining us at ECS! We look forward to forging strong relationships with you as we work together to support our students. A mailing with important back-to-school information will be arriving at your residence in the first weeks of August. Additionally, homebase assignments will be included in this packet.
Meet & Greet: August 18th, from 5:30-7:30 at both Upper and Lower Schools. Meet & Greet is an informal, drop-in event for the entire families to meet teachers, connect with new and returning families, and catch up on summer adventures.
First day of School: August 22nd. The Upper School day starts at 8:30; student drop off begins at 8:00. The Lower School day starts at 8:45; student drop off begins at 8:15.
Student dismissal at the Upper School begins at 3:30 and concludes at 4:00, pick-up students will be outside at 3:40 p.m. Students will be dismissed from the Lower School between 3:40 and 4:15, pick-up students will be outside by 4:00, if a student is not picked up behind the school by 4:00 they will be waiting for pick-up in the office until 4:15.
The 2016-2017 Family Handbook
The 2016-2017 ECS Family Handbook is an important part of our connections and expectations between home and school. Please take the time to review the material contained in the Handbook, as it can be beneficial to you and your child(ren) during the course of the year. It will also give you a picture of our educational philosophy and delivery of teaching and learning. Parent/Guardians and students should sign, date, and return the handbook confirmation form in the summer mailing after you have reviewed the handbook.
Sign Up for a Bus
- If you live in the Pittsburgh Public School District, Woodland Hills School District, or Penn Hills School District, you do not need to do anything. ECS is required to submit your information.
- All parents who are interested in having their child ride the bus who live outside of the Pittsburgh Public, Woodland Hills, and Penn Hills School Districts will need to call their home district to set up busing.
- Wilkinsburg School district does not provide busing.
Bus Details & Issues
- Bus assignments and routes come directly from the student’s home district, not ECS.
- Please contact your principal directly with any busing concerns and your home district. ECS is not responsible for home district busing issues such as tardiness, missing routes, bus drivers, etc.
What’s Your Routine?
- ECS establishes a “normal transportation routine” for your child. If a change occurs, the school needs a handwritten note or an email to the transportation e-mail listed below by 12:00 PM that day. If there is an emergency change after 12:00 PM, call the ECS office as soon as possible to alert us of this update. Please do not email homebase teachers late transportation changes as they may not have time to check their email before dismissal. The office will notify the homebase teacher.
- In order to select E-Day on your PM normal routine, you must be enrolled in E-Day. To learn more about E-Day and enroll your child in E-day, please the E-Day section on our website, under the tab Whole Child. If you are enrolled in E-Day, please fill out the half-day section below. E-Day does not operate on half days.
- If the first week of school is different than your child’s normal routine please send in a handwritten note or email transportation. Upper School Transportation email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Lower School Transportation email: email@example.com
Please complete one form for each child (you will need to refresh the page to submit a new form for a different child). Call Caitlin Walker (Lower School) 412.242.1480 x 420 or Michelle Brooks (Upper School) at 412.247.7970 x 300 if your information changes. Thank you!
School Lunch Information
There have been no changes to the cost of breakfast or lunch 2016-17 school year. Students can purchase breakfast each day for $1.50 and/or lunch for $2.25. We love when adults share lunchtime with us, too! Adults can purchase lunch for $3.50. Consider joining us for lunch and sharing in the ECS Lunch experience this year!
This year, our lunch program is moving to a new software system. We appreciate your patience during this transition. New parent payment portal https://www.schoolcafe.com/. All student credential have remained the same. ID numbers will be available at the meet and greet, if you are not attending the meet and greet your student’s id number will come home with them during the first week of school. If you would like you students ID number in the meantime you may contact Niki Augustine via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have in-person supports at Meet & Greet to help you log on and create an account. Please be advised we do not accept cash for lunch payments.
Free and Reduced Lunch Form
If you think you may be eligible (here is a helpful guide), please consider filling out your free and reduced applications online at paschoolmeals.com. You can also download and print the form here. All information remains strictly confidential. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact Niki Augustine at (412) 247-7970 ext. 212 or email@example.com
School Supply Information
ECS makes back to school shopping a breeze! We do the purchasing! Even better, we choose sustainable school supplies and provide your student with everything he/she needs. Your students supplies will be waiting for him/her on the first day of school. You supply the backpack and lunchbox (if needed), and we will take care of the rest. Please consider helping defray the cost. Visit the ECSPGH Marketplace to place your donation.
Extended Day Program (E-Day)
E-Day provides a safe and fun environment for students to play, study, and engage while parents finish up their workdays. With programs at both the upper and lower schools, serving students k- 8th grade, E-Day is dedicated to reflecting the school’s mission by following the standards and goals established at ECS. E-Day’s talented and dedicated staff members strive to enrich the program and provide positively memorable experiences for the children through a variety of fun and educational activities. Interested in enrolling your child in E-day? Visit here to get the enrollment form and get more information
The forms below are available for you to download and complete as necessary.